Category : World
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
Indeed! World is full of beautiful places and bizarre phenomenon and even if we’d got 1000 years of life expectancy, it wouldn’t have been possible to explore everything existing on this planet. But surely there are some places which one just can’t miss out in this lifetime. To experience a city and its culture is one thing, and to experience a natural phenomenon so bizarre is another. The Dead Sea is one of the most unique places on earth which lies between Jordan on the east and Israel on the West. Here are some reasons why the Dead Sea should be your next holiday destination.
1) You can’t swim there. Yes! You read it right. You can ONLY FLOAT. The Dead Sea is one of the saltiest water bodies on Earth which makes it nearly impossible to swim. Hence, you float. The concentration of salt is so much that even if you accidentally drink the water, it might be deadly.
Photograph by Travelove
2) The salt of the Dead Sea is said to have various health benefits and is used in treating a lot of health problems. One major reason why all the ladies might be interested in going there is because applying the sand of the Dead Sea can help you deal with skin aging. 😀
Photograph by Never Ending Voyage
3) Ever seen a water body without aquatic animals? This is another reason why you’d want to visit it. The Dead Sea is basically a Salt Lake which is known to be 8.6 times saltier than the ocean. This makes it difficult for marine life to exist here. Hence, the name – DEAD sea.
Photograph by Earthables
4) This startling lake is enclosed by stunning mountains and hills giving it a very dramatic look. Experiencing such alien phenomena amongst a spectacular landscape seems like an idyllic holiday, isn’t it?
Photograph by Bestourism
5) Waiting for the right time to visit? Folks, the time is always right to do the right thing. Unfortunately, every year the water level is dropping by a meter under the heat of the Middle Eastern sun. So don’t wait too long, you might miss your chance.
Also read : A Traveller’s Love For Bullet